1) The portly loser from New Jersey yesterday took the jelly donut out of his mouth long enough to endorse the Hairy Hemorrhoid for President.
If there’s anyone out there who has any doubt that the announcement was meant to distract the news cycle from the Hemorrhoid’s disastrous performance at Thursday night’s debate, I have this bridge… It’s in great shape!
And if there’s anyone out there who doesn’t think Fatass is angling for a Cabinet position, such as… Say… Attorney General, whose authorization may be needed for certain agencies to spy on people in the United States… And whose authorization may become a lot more commonplace because “I WAS APPOINTED US ATTORNEY DURING 9-11!”… I have some beachfront property too…
2) MSNBC nutjob Melissa Harris Perry is boycotting her own show because apparently her unhinged blatherings should never be preempted by election coverage! What’s the future of the entire nation in comparison to her tampon fashion accessories and humping of “racist” boogiemen under every bed?
It is profoundly hurtful to realize that I work for people who find my considerable expertise and editorial judgment valueless to the coverage they are creating.
Valueless… Finally she’s beginning to comprehend her actual worth to society. Bye!
3) Emma Watson of Harry Potter movie fame has decided to take a break from acting to focus on “feminism.” What likely will happen is that she will stop shaving her armpits, color her hair weird colors, and put on 60 pounds. Then, after she’s done learning about feminism and can’t get another job in Hollywood, she will have the pseudo intellectual tools to blame the evil cisheteropatriarchy for her inability to get work.
4) Beaver for Lent? No, it’s nothing dirty, you pervs. Apparently, beavers and muskrats are an acceptable alternative to beef during Lent. And no, not going to be trying that. I’m a fairly adventurous eater, but I’m not ingesting this little guy.
5) My friend Stephanie recently blogged about the Sad Puppies saga in hopes of generating a mature, reasonable discussion about the issue. I’m not going to rehash it, because I’ve written about it extensively, as have others. You can go to her site if you want a reasoned, rational review.
Unfortunately, a logical discussion was not to be. Because along came this creature. DavidG claims to be a SF/F fan, author, and “reasonably prominent disabled rights advocate,” who upon becoming disabled, realized just how “privileged” he’s been all his life, because there have been some rude, repugnant assholes out there who have been abusive toward him, and apparently decided to ride that pony to recognition.
When one poster responded politely that he was sorry DavidG became disabled, DavidG whipped out cock and condescendingly stomped all over it, showing not just a lack of graciousness, but an arrogant lack of ability to discern simple analogies.
You say you haven’t insulted me, yet you insulted me just by saying you’re ‘sorry’ I am disabled. It says you think disability is a negative. Imagine telling someone that you’re sorry they’re black or gay. I’ll give you a pass on that one, because that’s a lesson we’re having to teach the whole of society, but it’s the only pass you’re getting here today.
The illogical comparison to being black or gay aside… The responses were just what you would expect, because when someone sticks his ass out and demands that the world be constructed around his special needs, it cannot go unanswered – especially when the demand is posted with such audacity and entitlement!
He continued to police speech and demand that his interlocutors tailor the conversation to his standards, including demands that literature which features cures for disabilities be acknowledged as HATE SPEECH!
I got angrier and angrier reading his hateful entitlement. I didn’t want to post this on Stephanie’s site, and blow it up into a flame war, so I’m going to vent my spleen here. Enjoy!
Dear DavidG –
I’ve seen just about enough of your shit! You’re insulted? At what? At sympathy? At politeness? At graciousness? Well, guess what, I’m all out of fucks to give!
Your cult of social justice worships the very suffering we strive to cure. Why? Because you somehow think pain gives you virtue, allowing you to avoid the responsibility of earning said virtue. You think your disability makes you worthy, and insist that the rest of us give you a pass on said worthiness.
And if we don’t… Well then, we’re “ableist” and evil! If we don’t give you special credit and worship you for showing up and sticking your festering wounds in our faces, without you actually accomplishing anything worthy of worship, we’re awful people!
Well, you know what? Go fuck a rabid hedgehog. I refuse to participate in that kind of destruction of reality. I refuse to facilitate your kind of lies!
If that’s what it takes to sit at the cool kids’ table of sci-fi, I want nothing to do with it. Go slurp week-old diarrhea through a straw, douche wad. I want no part of a conversation in which one side claims moral superiority because of circumstances beyond their control rather than earning it.