Irony of ironies!

Since 2013, the mainstream media has been beating the drum for Saadiq Long – the Air Force officer who was barred from traveling to Qatar to visit his supposedly ailing mother. Glenn Greenwald of the Guardian, who just a couple of years ago irresponsibly elevated lying, irresponsible, traitorous piece of shit Edward Snowden to the level of hero for a number of clueless, paranoid conspiritards, championed Long’s plight, and CAIR and MSNBC which see the “Islamophobia” boogieman under every bed, sniffled about Long’s placement on the no-fly list.

Now, I’m no fan of barring people from travel without due process. I’m no fan of no-fly lists. But I also know enough about the way information is collected to understand that sometimes, that info is dead on.

In the case of Saadiq Long, that intelligence was proven accurate, because guess who was recently arrested in Turkey for trying to join ISIS!

A man, who just two years ago was the poster boy for the far-Left media’s attacks against the U.S. government’s no-fly list for “unfairly” targeting Muslims, finds himself and several family members sitting in a Turkish prison — arrested earlier this month near the Turkey-Syria border as members of an ISIS cell.

[…]

U.S. and Turkish officials confirmed Long’s arrest to PJ Media, saying that he was arrested along with eight others operating along the Turkish-Syrian border. So far, no U.S. media outlet has reported on his arrest.

There are thousands of people on the watchlist, and supposedly, more than 40 percent of them aren’t affiliated with any terrorist group at all. The other 60 percent appear to be individuals affiliated with groups such as al-Q’aida, Hizballah, Hamas, Taliban, and others. This isn’t Islamophobia. These are designated terrorist groups. That said, the majority of individuals on the watchlist have committed no crime, and from what I’m reading the Terrorist Screening Center accepts almost 99 percent of nominations to its list. That doesn’t sound too discriminatory, and it certainly doesn’t sound like they’re targeting Muslims.

Perhaps before screeching from the rooftops about Islamophobia in a case of someone who was placed on a terrorist watchlist, the media and CAIR should check to ensure that their cause celebre isn’t an actual… you know… terrorist.

5 responses

  1. Paul (Drak Bibliophile) Howard

    IMO CAIR exists only to scream “Bigotry” and they get plenty of money for doing so. [Frown]

    Like

  2. Ya gotta love it when a “cause” flogged by the MSM turns around and bites them in the ass.

    Like

  3. I’m sure they’l apologize and change their ways.

    Like

  4. “the media and CAIR should check to ensure that their cause celebre isn’t an actual… you know… terrorist.”

    Ain’t gonna happen. It’s the cause, the agenda that matters to the MSM these days – not truth. Same goes for CAIR.

    Like

  5. They’ll be ignoring it as usual. Doesn’t fit their agenda and all that… sigh

    Like

%d bloggers like this: