If you’ve wondered why I haven’t posted any JPFO articles lately, it’s because I’ve resigned. My days have been too busy to write on my own blog, let alone write an article for another organization every week.
But there is a new project – a new life – that has emerged from the ashes of JPFO. In the spirit of Aaron Zelman’s passion for freedom and life, the Zelman Partisans was born.
What is the Zelman Partisans? We are a group of Jews and friends who are dedicated uncompromisingly to preserving the right to keep and bear arms. We believe:
- That the right to keep and bear arms is a lifesaving civil right.
- That firearms are crucial genocide-prevention tools.
- That an armed and informed citizenry is necessary to prevent or defeat tyranny.
- That the right to self-defense is innate; that it was granted to us by G-d or Nature. It was not given to us by government, and it cannot rightly be taken away by government.
- That the U.S. Bill of Rights codified pre-existing freedoms owned by all men and women; that the Second Amendment guards the other nine amendments; but that all rights expressed in that great Bill are vital.
- That principles must never, ever be compromised. Compromise may be fine for strategy, but when you give up principles, you’ve already surrendered everything that matters.
We are friends. We are brothers in arms. We are dedicated to uncompromisingly defending our rights.